OK-SAFE, Inc. – The people of Oklahoma held a Rally for Healthcare Independence on Saturday, July 7, 2012 on the steps of the Oklahoma Capitol in response to the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA, aka “ObamaCare”). Organized by the OK Tenth Amendment Center and several other grassroots organizations, the people in attendance made it abundantly clear – regardless of the Supreme Court’s decision, the people of Oklahoma want no part of ObamaCare. Nor do they want any part of the health insurance exchanges. (Video of the seven speakers at the rally is available here.)
Declaration of Independence excerpt, read by Reid Mullins: “The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world. He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good. He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them. He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only. He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures. He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people… He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers. He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries. He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.”
What follows is the transcript of the speech given by Amanda Teegarden, Executive Director of OK-SAFE, Inc., in response to the above reading by Reid Mullins.
Rally Speech Transcript:
“Thank you, Reid. Good morning. What follow is a partial list, and only a partial list, of injuries and usurpations suffered by the people of Oklahoma:
1. We have experienced the refusal by our elected officials to hear and advance legislation requested by “We the People” of their own home districts. Instead, these same officials have chosen to ridicule the people of their districts, manipulate the legislative process, make false statements about time constraints, ignore their own House rules, all the while justifying their actions.
2. Our Elected officials have advanced only that legislation which is advantageous to the interests of an elite group of corporations and organizations, particularly the members of the Chambers of Commerce and the Business Roundtable. These agents are actively engaged in directing the focus and intention of the state legislature, and it has become evident that the outcome of the legislative session is determined before the session even begins.
3. Our Elected officials, while claiming to be for limited government and reduced taxation, have worked to increase the size and scope of state government by implementation of something called Public-Private Partnerships. This corrupt ménage-a-trois is the model for the so-called New Economy – it marries Government with Industry and Academia. This European model is exclusionary in practice and is funded by the backs of the people in the form increased government spending and taxes, bonds, and tax credits for the government partners.
4. Our Elected officials have increased the financial burden of the people of Oklahoma by approving ever-increasing state budgets – now at a whopping $6.8 billion for 2012.
5. Our Elected officials have levied taxes in a stealth manner – calling them fees instead. One such fee increased by 300% in one fell swoop. Officials justified this action by stating that “the fee had not been increased in a while”.
6. Our Elected officials have continued to grow government by the establishment of an ever increasing number of A, B, Cs – Authorities, Boards, Commissions, and Trusts.
- These unelected bodies consist of people appointed from a small pool of political insiders. These entities meet in private, make rules that govern the rest of us, favor their friends with contracts. They are accountable to no one, and do not represent or serve the People of Oklahoma.
- These unelected bodies can solicit and receive federal grants, award contracts, issue bonds, and incur debt that the rest of us have to guarantee.
- One such entity is the Oklahoma Health Information Exchange Trust, or OHIET. Have you ever heard of the OHIET? They’re busy laying the foundation for “ObamaCare” in the state of OK, using Stimulus money and federal grants to do so, awarding contracts to companies their members have vested interests in.
- Authorities, Boards, Commissions, and Trusts are the unelected “fourth branch of government” – advancing the interests of the rich and powerful, not the people of Oklahoma.
7. Agents and Agencies of our State Government are busy Reinventing that traditional institution – transforming the state of Oklahoma from a representative Republic -a government of, for, and by the people – toward a “Governance” model. The state and its agencies are to be managed by a “technocratic elite” for the use and benefit of certain corporations and the progressives in both parties.
- This reinvention is being spearheaded by at least one recently instituted cabinet position – namely the Office of the Chief Information Officer. This agency is busy consolidating and concentrating power into the hands of a very few agents. Welcome to Government 2.0! Welcome to Technocracy! Governance by “Experts”!
8. This state has entered into information-sharing compacts that allow the transmittal of highly personal information about you – your health, school, and work, your life and lifestyle choices, how many fruits and vegetables you eat and whether or not you exercise. This information is being shared across jurisdictions, across state lines, with the federal government, and with others unknown to us. All without the people’s informed consent.
The assaults on Liberty continue with:
9. The stealth implementation of the REAL ID Act, creating a de-facto national – no, international -identification card, one that requires:
- The collection of personally identifiable biometric information
- Facial recognition quality photos on our drivers licenses and IDs
- And by refusing to pass the legislation that would have prohibited RFID tags in the OK drivers licenses!
10. The forced installation of Smart Meters on our homes, in furtherance of the global Smart Grid
- These meters serve to monitor every activity inside our homes.
11. Oklahoma State officials have now allowed DRONEs to fly over Oklahoma – for surveillance of its own people. This is an inappropriate use of the military’s war fighting surveillance technologies. We are not the enemy! Those same officials are praising the deployment of drones on U.S. soil as evidence of “job creation! “
12. Our Elected officials just this year put a cap on the use of freshwater in this state. Called the Water for 2060 Act, this law says that “the public policy of this state is to establish and work toward a goal of consuming no more fresh water in the year 2060 than is consumed statewide in the year 2012”; How are we to live, grow and prosper with such an egregious and arbitrary cap on freshwater usage?
13. Finally, our elected officials have been implementing, while denying that they are doing so, all the provisions of “ObamaCare” in the state of Oklahoma.
- They have allowed for the creation and advancement of an electronic health record on every single person, whether they wanted one or not.
- This electronic health record begins at birth with an electronic birth certificate, tracks us through school, into our work, and makes record of our lifestyle choices – virtually our every activity. This record continues until we’re dead, making “health care reform” truly cradle-to-grave.
- Health care reform allows for “human subject research” without the knowledge or the informed consent of the person.
- These electronic health records link the patient, the provider and the payer together – in a nationwide – correction! In a global health information network.
- Our Elected officials have continued to work to establish an “ObamaCare” insurance exchange in Oklahoma. These insurance exchanges completely redesign the insurance industry market and insert a middle man into the traditional business model. The end result will be increased costs for all of us.
- Our Elected officials have claimed that they can establish a “state-based exchange”, one that is different from the federal government’s version. What they are not telling the people is that there is only one way an exchange will work – and that is the federal way. Oklahoma has been laying the groundwork for this for years – is it likely they’ll abandon that now?
- Despite the people saying NO to the exchanges, there are still those who continue to press for their establishment in this state.
Conclusion – The burdens on the people of Oklahoma are already great – we can carry no more. Whether by Compact or by Tax we must not implement ObamaCare!”