OK-SAFE, Inc. – 2/26/13 There are several GOP county conventions taking place this coming Saturday, March 2, 2013. Several of these counties will be conducting their precinct meetings at the beginning of the meeting. This is when you need to be elected as a delegate; this election process is what allows you to be seated as a delegate with voting rights at the upcoming state convention, set for April 19-20, 2013 in OKC, OK.
The list below may not be a complete list of all the conventions scheduled for this weekend. [Unfortunately, it is still a reality in OK that some county GOP chairmen are not very forthcoming when it comes to meeting information. If your county’s GOP has not already held their convention, and your county is not noted below, we suggest that you call your county chairman and verify when and where the county convention is to take place. County GOP contact sheet here.]
Make sure your voter registration information is current and up to date! Sign all documents (i.e. sign-in sheets, delegate sheets, etc.) with your name as it appears on your voter registration card. This helps to assure that you will be “credentialed” at the conventions. Precinct officers – make sure you keep a copy of the precinct paperwork.
Make sure your county chairman, or whoever is in charge of collecting the precinct packets, follows the rules for submitting delegate information to the state GOP headquarters.
County Conventions Scheduled for Saturday, March 2, 2013
As of 3:00 pm today, the following 7 counties will be having their county conventions on Saturday, 3/2/13, and have submitted their county information on the state GOP website, viewable at www.okgop.com/events. Cotton Co. and Custer County are having their county conventions on Thursday, 2/28/13 in the evening. Details for these events and others is here.
The OK GOP County contact spreadsheet is available on here.
- 8:30am Logan County GOP County Convention
- When: Sat, March 2, 8:30am – 11:30am
- Where: American Legion, 123 N. 1st St., Guthrie, OK (map)
- Description Contact: Polly Hawkes
- Phone: 405-216-0558; 405-528-3501
- Registration starts at 8:30 am!
- 9:00am Muskogee County Convention
- When: Sat, March 2, 9am – 12pm
- Where: Muskogee Civic Center, 425 Boston Ave, Muskogee, OK (map)
- Description Contact: Melanie Grayson, Vice Chairman
- Phone: 918-683-0313
- 9:00am SEMINOLE COUNTY CONVENTION
- When: Sat, March 2, 9am – 12pm
- Where: Seminole State College, 2701 Boren Blvd. Seminole (map)
- Description: Cafeteria Mirror Room for more info contact Chairman Margo Tims,
- Phone: 918-695-4741, 405-382-6456
- Email: email@example.com
- Seminole County Republican Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seminole-County-Republicans/130032027067335
- 10:00am Rogers County Convention
- When: Sat, March 2, 10am – 12pm
- Where: Rogers County Bldg, 416 S. Brady, Claremore (map)
- Description Contact: Linda Lepak
- Phone: 918-906-1969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12:00pm Washington County Convention
- When: Sat, March 2, 12pm – 3pm
- Where: Arvest Bank Bartlesville (map)
- Description: Registration starts at noon and convention at 1 pm.
- Contact Grace Farmer
- Phone: 918-440-4405, 918-337-3269
- Email: email@example.com
- 1:00pm Kay County Convention
- When: Sat, March 2, 1pm – 3pm
- Where: Providence Baptist Church, 1301 E. Bradley, Ponca City, OK (map)
- Description: Kay County Convention – Saturday, March 2nd at 1:00 pm. Location is Providence Baptist Church, 1301 E. Bradley in Ponca City, OK
- Contact: Charlotte Smith – KCRP Chair KayCtyOKGOP@yahoo.com
- Website: www.KayCountyGOP.com
- Phone: 580-716-0959 Cell 580-765-8934 Home
- Twitter: @KayCtyGOP
- We’re on FaceBook – http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/KCRPPatriots/
- 1:30pm Carter County Precinct Meetings and Convention
- When: Sat, March 2, 1:30pm – 4:30pm
- Where: Ardmore Public Library, 320 E NW, Ardmore, OK (map)
- Description: The Carter County Republican Party will have their precinct meetings on Saturday, March 2nd, Ardmore Public Library, 320 E NW, Ardmore at 1:30 pm with the county convention convening at 2:30 pm. The main order of business will be the election of local county GOP officials. Precinct chairs and vice chairs will be elected in the precinct meetings. All registered Republicans in the county are encouraged to attend.
- Contact: Marjorie Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 580-504-3306
- Email: email@example.com
Other county conventions are scheduled for Saturday, March 9, 2013. Details for those meetings, and others, is available on the state GOP website at http://www.okgop.com/events/
The ones who show up are the ones who will make a difference. One difference that could be made? Among other things, rejecting Rule 12 adopted by the RNC at the last national GOP convention.
Read the OK-SAFE blog post entitled The Precinct – The Most Powerful Office for an explanation of why the precinct is so important.