OK-SAFE, Inc. – We just learned that SB 219 by Sen. Dahm, terminating the OHIET trust, is to be heard on Monday, 2/11/13, in the Senate Health and Human Services committee, right after session is over. (Session will be short). Sen. Brian Crain of Tulsa is the Chair.
The OHIET (Oklahoma Health Information Exchange Trust) has been busy establishing the technology infrastructure, i.e. electronic health records (EHRs)and certifying HIOs (Health Information Organizations), that enable the intrastate and interstate transmission of EHRs. This is part of the technological infrastructure that makes “ObamaCare” work.
Could you please call/email this committee and ask them to vote YES on SB 219?
COMMITTEE ON HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Health and Human Services Committee Members:
- Senator Brian Crain – Chair 405-521-5620
- Senator Rob Standridge – Vice Chair 405-521-5535
- Senator Harry Coates 405-521-5547
- Senator Kim David 405-521-5590
- Senator A J Griffin 405-521-5628
- Senator Constance Johnson 405-521-5531
- Senator Dan Newberry 405-521-5600
- Senator Jabar Shumate 405-521-5598