OK-SAFE, Inc. – The following is a copy of the email letter OK-SAFE’s Executive Director sent to Governor Fallin on the issue of whether the state of Oklahoma should establish an “ObamaCare” exchange or not.
The short answer is Not.
We encourage all those concerned about the further implementation of the government overreach known as “ObamaCare” to contact the Governor and let her know that the answer is still “No” in Oklahoma.
The Governor’s contact information is:
- Phone: 405-521-2342
- Comment line: 405-522-8857
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Earlier today the first phone number went to voice mail, the second voice mall box was full. We suggest folks keep trying and also contact your elected officials. Go to www.oklegislature.gov and click on Legislators to see contact info.]
11/12/12 Letter to Gov. Mary Fallin re: Insurance Exchange and Medicaid Expansion
Dear Governor Fallin,
Two recent newspaper articles brought to our attention that your office may be considering whether or not to establish some sort of insurance exchange in the state of Oklahoma, possibly a state-based insurance exchange or a federally-partnered insurance exchange.
OK-SAFE opposes either option.
We contend that:
- Since you campaigned in 2010 against the implementation of the PPACA (“ObamaCare”) in the state of Oklahoma, and won on that platform;
- And since an insurance exchange is the cornerstone of the PPACA, and thereby will create a system of “market-management” that is contrary to the free enterprise system;
- And since via SQ 756 the citizens of Oklahoma made clear their opposition to PPACA with their 65% vote;
- And since the state legislature has twice been stymied by the people in its’ attempt to establish an insurance exchange;
- And since several incumbent Republicans drew primary opponents due to the attempt to create such an exchange, causing many people to be disgusted with the Republican party;
We therefore demand that you make the obvious happen in Oklahoma.
Specifically, we expect Oklahoma’s elected officials to demonstrate true leadership and integrity by publicly announcing that there will be no health insurance exchange created/established/implemented in the state of Oklahoma. Period.
Further, we agree with Sen. Tom Coburn’s contention that there should be no further expansion of Medicaid; we ask that you demonstrate fiscal responsibility by opposing such an expansion in the state of Oklahoma.
With hopes that you do the right thing…